From substance abuse to stress, medical staff and other health care workforce personal misconduct creates major liability and management challenges for health care organizations and their licensed providers. Cynthia Marcotte Stamer will speak about “Sex Drugs & Rock ‘N Role: Personal Misconduct in Health Care” at the Wednesday, July 21, 2010 monthly meeting of the Dallas Bar Association Health Law Section.
Former Chair of the ABA Health Law Section Managed Care & Insurance Interest Group, attorney and author Cynthia Marcotte Stamer is nationally and internationally recognized for her legal work, publications and programs, and advocacy on health industry performance management and other health industry matters. Ms. Stamer works extensively with health care organizations, managed care and health insurance organizations, governments and others to manage performance and legal risks. Board Certified in Labor & Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Ms. Stamer combines her more than 23 years of health industry regulatory and risk management experience with an in-depth knowledge of workforce management and regulation to help clients manage performance and legal and operational risks. Her experience includes advising public and private health industry clients domestically and internationally on a wide range of matters. A widely published author and popular speaker, Ms. Stamer’s insights on health industry matters also are quoted in HealthLeaders, Managed Care Executive, the Wall Street Journal and many other national popular, business and industry publications. She also conducts continuing medical education and other health industry compliance and risk management training for many organizations on a wide range of topics.
The program will be held from Noon to 1:00 p.m. Central Time at the Dallas Bar Association Belo Mansion located at 2101 Ross Avenue, Dallas Texas. For additional information, visit www.dallasbar.org.
For additional information, call the Dallas Bar Association at 214-220-7400 or see http://www.dallasbar.org.
Other Recent Developments
If you are interested in this health industry development, you also may be interested in reviewing some of our other recent updates available at https://slphealthcareupdate.wordpress.com including:
- CMS Proposes Rules To Implement Affordable Care Act Required Expansion Of Medicare Preventive Services And Other 2011 Reimbursement Changes
- New Law Clarifiies Medicare 3-Day Payment Window Rule
- HHS Invites Comments On Health Center Program Federal Tort Claims Policy Manual
- NCPDP SCRIPT 10.6 Approved As Medicare Part D/Advantage E-Prescribing Option
- President Directs Quick HHS Action To Implement Physician Medicare Payment Restoration
- Proposed Medicare Rules Will Require Hospitals Honor Patient Visitation Preferences
- IRS Invites Input On Application of New Tax Exemption Requirements For Hospital Organizations Added By Affordable Care Act
- OIG Touts Expanding Health Care Fraud Enforcement Success & Launches New Health Care Fraud Hotline
- HHS Invites Input on Proposed Strategic Framework on Multiple Chronic Conditions
- New CBO Analysis Hikes Projected Affordable Health Care Act Cost by $115 Billion
- Pennsylvania Nurses Vote For Union In NLRB Election Highlights Rising Union Organizing Activity In Health Care Industry
- NTHCPA Hosts May 11 Compliance Program on “Diversity & Nondiscrimination In Patient Care”
- WellPoint To Ban Coverage Rescissions Before Affordable Care Act Fall 2010 Deadline
- Veterans Health Administration Invites Public Comment on Information To Be Required To Make Online Copayment Payments
- CMS Proposes FY 2011 Acute Care & Long-Term Care Inpatient Policy & Payment Rate Changes
For More Information
We hope that this information is useful to you. If you need assistance with medical staff credentialing or discipline, employment, benefits and compensation, reimbursement, health care fraud or other health care compliance, risk management, transaction or operations concerns, please contact Cynthia Marcotte Stamer at (469) 767-8872 or via e-mail to here.
You can review other recent health care and internal controls resources and get additional information about the health industry and other experience of Cynthia Marcotte Stamer, P.C. here. If you or someone else you know would like to receive future updates about developments on these and other concerns, register or update your profile – including your preferred e-mail – by creating or updating your profile at here or e-mailing this information to here.