The Department of Health & Human Services today (August 26, 2010) announced the adjusted Federal Medical Assistance Percentage Rates (FMAP rates) that will apply for purposes of determining Federal Matching Shares for Medicaid and Title IV-E Foster Care, and Adoption Assistance and Guardianship Assistance Programs for the Third Quarter of Fiscal Year 2010 under adjustments made in response to about Section 5001 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Pub. L. 111-5).
The FMAP is used to determine the amount of Federal matching for specified State expenditures for assistance payments under programs under Social Security Act (the Act) Sections 1905(b) and 1101(a)(8)(B).
In response to the economic downturn, Section 5001 of the ARRA provided for temporary increases in the FMAP rates to provide fiscal relief to States and to protect and maintain State Medicaid and certain other assistance programs in during a ARRA-designated recession adjustment period that runs from October 1, 2008 to December 31, 2010. The CMS notice published sets forth adjusted FMAP rate for the third quarter of Fiscal Year 2010 under this provision. These listed adjusted percentages apply to the third quarter of FY10, which ran from April 1, 2010 through June 30, 2010. The rate adjustments set forth in the notice do not take into account changes, if any, that might be required as a result of Public Law 111-226, which the notice indicates will be addressed in future FMAP notices.
To review the rates and for details about how they were determined, see here
For More Information or Assistance
If you need assistance with these or other health industry regulatory, reimbursement or other operational or compliance concerns, please contact the author of this update, attorney Cynthia Marcotte Stamer. Ms. Stamer has extensive experience advising and assisting health care providers and other health industry clients with licensure, contracting, reimbursement, compliance, public policy, regulatory, staffing, and other operations and risk management matters. Ms. Stamer also regularly publishes and conducts training on these and other compliance, management and operations matters. You can contact Ms. Stamer to inquire about engaging her services or for information about training or other resources that she provides at (469) 767-8872 or via e-mail here. To get more information about Ms. Stamer and her health industry experience, see here.
Other Recent Developments
If you found this information of interest, you also may be interested in reviewing some of the following recent Updates available online by clicking on the article title:
- CMS Publishes Corrections To Proposed 2011 Physician Fee Schedule Rules
- Medicare Changing How It Pays For Outpatient Dialysis
- Rite Aid Agrees to Pay $1 Million to Settle HIPAA Privacy Case As OCR Moves To Tighten Privacy Rules
- HHS Invites Input On Medicaid Changes To Promote Children’s Health Quality
- New Affordable Care Act Mandated High Risk Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Pool Program Regulations Set Program Rules, Prohibit Plan Dumping of High Risk Members
- 2010 Health Plan Update: Learn What You Must Do Now To Meet Key 2010/2011 Affordable Care Act & Other Federal Health Plan Deadlines
- CMS Rule Clarifies When Outpatient Services Subject to 3-Day Rule & Finalizes FY 2011 Inpatient Payment Rates
- CMS Proposes Changes To Civil Monetary Penalty Rules For Nursing Homes
- Office of Civil Rights Proposes Changes To HIPAA Privacy, Security & Civil Sanctions Rules
- CMS Proposes Rules To Implement Affordable Care Act Required Expansion Of Medicare Preventive Services And Other 2011 Reimbursement Changes
- NCPDP SCRIPT 10.6 Approved As Medicare Part D/Advantage E-Prescribing Option
- Proposed Medicare Rules Will Require Hospitals Honor Patient Visitation Preferences
- IRS Invites Input On Application of New Tax Exemption Requirements For Hospital Organizations Added By Affordable Care Act
- OIG Touts Expanding Health Care Fraud Enforcement Success & Launches New Health Care Fraud Hotline
- HHS Invites Input on Proposed Strategic Framework on Multiple Chronic Conditions
- New Affordable Care Act Health Plan Appeals Regulations Require Health Plan Updates
- Blockbuster & Health Delivery Disability Discrimination Settlements Highlight Need For Tightened Disability Discrimination Risk Management
- Pennsylvania Nurses Vote For Union In NLRB Election Highlights Rising Union Organizing Activity In Health Care Industry
- WellPoint To Ban Coverage Rescissions Before Affordable Care Act Fall 2010 Deadline
- DEA/DOJ Release Interim Final E-Prescribing Rules
- Joint Commission Revises Medical Staff Bylaw Standard
- IRS To Allow Medical Resident FICA Refund Claims
- Rising Enforcement and Changing Rules Require Prompt Review & Update of Health Plan Privacy & Data Security Policies & Procedures
- Pfizer To Pay $2.3 Billion For Fraudulent Marketing In Largest DOJ Health Care Fraud Settlement
- Maximum Penalty For Patient Protection Act Confidentiality Breaches To Rise To $11,000
About Solutions Law Press
Solutions Law Press™ provides health industry and other risk management, legal compliance, management effectiveness and other resources, training and education on human resources, employee benefits, compensation, data security and privacy, health care, insurance, and other key compliance, risk management, internal controls and other key operational concerns. If you find this of interest, you also be interested reviewing some of our other Solutions Law Press resources available for review here. If you or someone else you know would like to receive future updates and notices about other upcoming Solutions Law Press events, please be sure that we have your current contact information – including your preferred e-mail- by creating or updating your profile at here. For important information concerning this communication click here.
©2010 Solutions Law Press. All rights reserved.