The Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) plans to hold a public meeting of the Secretary’s Advisory Committee on Genetics, Health, and Society (SACGHS) of the U.S. Public Health Service on February 4-5, 2009. The meeting will offer the opportunity for members of the public to attend the meeting on a space available basis or to view a Webcast.
The SACGHS meeting will be held from 8:30 a.m. to approximately 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 4, 2010, and from 8 a.m. to approximately 3 p.m. on Friday, February 5, 2010, at the Omni Shoreham Hotel, 2500 Calvert Street, NW., Washington, DC 20008.
The announced agenda items include:
- The review of a revised report on gene patents and licensing practices;
- The review of a public consultation draft report on genetics education and training;
- An information-gathering session on the mechanisms and policies related to genomic data sharing;
- A preliminary discussion to help plan a future session on implications of an affordable genome;
- A report on activities of the Clinical Utility and Comparative Effectiveness Task Force; and
- Updates from Federal agencies on activities related to the implementation of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act, the coverage and reimbursement of genetic tests, the oversight of genetic testing, and the retention and use of residual dried blood spot specimens after newborn screening.
For more information about registration for the meeting, submission of comments and other details, here.
For More Information
We hope that this information is useful to you. If you need assistance with these or other health care public policy, regulatory, compliance, risk management, workforce and other staffing, transactional or operational concerns, please contact the author of this update, Curran Tomko Tarski LLP Health Practice Group Chair, Cynthia Marcotte Stamer, at (214) 270‑2402, email@example.com. Ms. Stamer has extensive experience advising clients and writes and speaks extensively on these and other health industry and other reimbursement, operations, internal controls and risk management matters. You can review other recent health care and related resources and additional information about the health industry and other experience of Ms. Stamer here.
If you or someone else you know would like to receive future updates about developments on these and other concerns, please be sure that we have your current contact information – including your preferred e-mail – by creating or updating your profile at here or e-mailing this information here and/or by participating in the SLP Health Care Risk Management & Operations Group on LinkedIn. To unsubscribe, e-mail here.
©2009 Cynthia Marcotte Stamer. All rights reserved.