Get Details & Registration Information here!
A Legal Update on Employment Law presentation by Attorney Cynthia Marcotte Stamer is among 5 hours of “Barnstorm 2010: Creating an Effective Leaders-Tools of the Trade” management training that the Texas Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration and Education (TSHHRAE) will be hosting for health industry human resources and other managers in five Texas cities between April 26 and April 30, 2010.
Interested health industry human resources and other managers can elect to participate in TSHHRAE’s Barnstorm 2010 management training at the following dates and locations:
- April 26 – Weslaco, Knapp Medical Center
- April 28 – Sweetwater, Rolling Plains Memorial Hospital
- April 28 – Brenham, Trinity Medical Center
- April 29 – Lubbock, University Medical Center
- April 30 – Odessa, Medical Center Hospital
Update on Employment Law Program Highlights
Ms. Stamer’s Legal Update on Employment Law Program will address:
- Recent changes in FMLA, Military Leave, wage and hour, ADA & other disability, COBRA, GINA, HIPAA and other selected federal & Texas employment laws and regulations;
- Rising government enforcement of EEOC, HIPAA, wage & hour, worker classification, and other laws and regulations;
- Recent developments and increases in retaliation claims;
- Recent cases related to supervision; and
- Other selected developments impacting health industry human resources management.
Other Barnstorm 2010 Program Highlights and Details
In addition to the Legal Update on Employment Law that Ms. Stamer is scheduled to present, the Barnstorm Program also will feature presentations on:
- Leadership in 2010
- Dealing with Poor Performers; and
- Cultivating a Superstar
For registration and other information about the Barnstorm Program, see here.
About Ms. Stamer
Nationally and internationally recognized for more than 22 years of work with health industry and other organizations, publications, workshops and presentations and leadership on health industry and other labor and employment, staffing and credentialing, employee benefits, performance management and discipline, regulatory compliance and internal controls, risk management, and public policy matters, Ms. Stamer is Chair of the Curran Tomko Tarski Labor & Employment & Health Care Practice Groups, Vice President of the North Texas Health Care Compliance Professionals Association, Government Affairs Committee Legislative Chair for the Dallas Human Resources Management Association, Chair of the American Bar Association (ABA) RPTE Employee Benefits & Other Compensation Committee, a Council Representative on the ABA Joint Committee on Employee Benefits and past Chair of the ABA Health Law Section Managed Care & Insurance Interest Group, Ms. Stamer is. The publisher of Solutions Law Press HR & Benefits Update, the Solutions Law Press Health Care Update, and Solutions Law Press Health Care Privacy & Technology Update and a former legal columnist for MD News, Ms. Stamer also is a popular speaker and author of these topics. She regularly speaks and conducts training for the ABA, American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA), Health Care Compliance Association, Institute of Internal Auditors, Harris County Medical Society, the Medical Group Management Association, SHRM, Southwest Benefits Association and many other organizations. Publishers of her many highly regarded writings on health industry and human resources matters include the Bureau of National Affairs, Aspen Publishers, ABA, AHLA, Spencer Publications, World At Work, SHRM, Business Insurance, James Publishing and many others. You can review other highlights of Ms. Stamer’s health care experience here, and employment experience here. Her insights on these and other matters appear in Managed Care Executive, Modern Health Care, the Wall Street Journal, the Dallas Business Journal, the Houston Business Journal, MDNews, Kentucky Physician, and many other national and local publications.
If you need assistance with health industry human resources or other management, concerns, wish to inquire about compliance, risk management or training, or need legal representation on other matters please contact Cynthia Marcotte Stamer at email@example.com or 214.270.2402.
If you found this information of interest, you also may be interested in reviewing other updates and publications by Ms. Stamer including:
- Stamer To Discuss “Health Care Reform’s Implications For Employers, Health Plans & Employee Benefits Practitioners” At May 5 Dallas Bar Association Meeting
- Stamer To Present “2010 Health Plan Checkup” At Annual DFW ISCEBS Employee Benefits Fundamentals Workshop
- Stamer To Speak About TPA & Other Plan Services Agreement Contracting Strategies For Managing Risks & Improving Effectiveness At 2010 Great Lakes Benefits Conference
- Extension of Unemployment Benefits Signed Into Law & Immediately Effective As Filibuster Ends
- COBRA Premium Subsidy Requirements Expanded & Extended Under Newly Signed Unemployment Extension Legislation
- HRO Invites Comments On Project To Develop & Test Hospital Toolkit Intended To Guide Hospitals In Using AHRQ Quality Indicators
- NLRB Orders Union Elections In 31 California Health Care Facilities To Proceed
- IRS To Allow Medical Resident FICA Refund Claims
- HIPAA Heats Up: HITECH Act Changes Take Effect & OCR Begins Posting Names, Other Details Of Unsecured PHI Breach Reports On Website
- HHS Delays 2010 HHS Federal Poverty Rate Update To March 1, 2010
- Rising Enforcement and Changing Rules Require Prompt Review & Update of Health Plan Privacy & Data Security Policies & Procedures
- Retaliation For Filing HIPAA Complaint Recognized As Basis For State Retaliatory Discharge Claim
- Quest Diagnostics Inc. To Pay $688,000 In Overtime Back Wages Settlement After Misclassifying Systems Employees As Exempt
- Homecare Workers Exempt From FLSA
- Stamer Speaks To Chiefs of Staff About JCAHO Physician Performance Evaluation Requirements
- Pfizer To Pay $2.3 Billion For Fraudulent Marketing In Largest DOJ Health Care Fraud Settlement
- Maximum Penalty For Patient Protection Act Confidentiality Breaches To Rise To $11,000
- HHS Delays 2010 HHS Federal Poverty Rate Update To March 1, 2010
- OIG Special Fraud Alert Targets DME Telemarketing
- Federal HEAT & Other Federal Health Care Fraud Efforts Score More Than 15 Successes As OIG Claims $20.97 Billion Saved From Enforcement Activities In December
- HEAT Initiative Snares Health Fraud Related Guilty Pleas of Physical Therapist, Money Launderer and Patient Recruiter In Detroit
- Medicare Paid Physicians More Than $92 Million in Incentives for 2008 Under the Physician Quality Reporting Initiative
- Renal Dialysis Faculties Encouraged to Review Current Protocols for Administering Erthropoiesis-Stimulating Agents
- CMS Publishes Updated FY 2010 Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Prospective Payment System Final Rule
- SouthWest Benefits e-Connections Highlights Stamer Article About Importance For Health Plans, Their Sponsors & Business Associates To Update HIPAA Policies, Practices & Agreements
- Health Plan Liability Heats Up As Plans & Businesses Face New Obligations, Costs & Exposures under New HIPAA Privacy Rules Effective 2/17 & Other Expanding Federal Health Plan Mandates
- Employers, Group Health Plans Subject To New CHIP/Medicaid Notice, Coordination of Benefits & Special Enrollment Requirements
- Health Plans & Business Associates Face 2/17 Deadline To Update Policies, Contracts & Procedures For HIPAA Privacy Rule Changes
- St. Louis Employer’s OSHA Violations Trigger Contempt Order and Penalties
- Labor Department Final H-2A Certification Procedures Tighten Requirements For Employment Of Temporary Agricultural Employment Of Workers
- COBRA, HIPAA, GINA, Mental Health Parity or Other Group Health Plan Rule Violations Trigger New Excise Tax Self-Assessment & Reporting Obligations
- Inapplicability of HIPAA Privacy To Disability Insurer Not License To Impose Unreasonable Claims Requirements
- New Mental Health Parity Regulations Require Health Plan Review & Updates
For More Information
We hope that this information is useful to you. If you or someone else you know would like to receive future updates about developments on these and other concerns, please be sure that we have your current contact information – including your preferred e-mail – by creating or updating your profile at here or e-mailing this information here. To unsubscribe, e-mail here.
©2010 Cynthia Marcotte Stamer. All rights reserved.